Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Advise on most appropriate NLP tools for given use cases
- Identify NLP features and functions that will deliver the highest quality, levels of coverage and accuracy
- Work closely with Product Owners / Subject Matter Experts, Conversation UX, and Data Scientists to design Models and define training data
- Define initial Model testing, tuning and optimization strategies including setting confidence scores
- Leverage tuning and optimization strategies to evolve models with ongoing testing to ensure it meets the quality, coverage and accuracy thresholds
- Anticipate when models need to be re-designed or broken into multiple models
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Proven experience as an NLP Engineer or data scientist
- Deep understanding of text embedding models and feature extraction algorithms (such as word2vec, GloVE, n-grams, etc.)
- Experience in building text classification and named entity extraction models
- Experience with machine learning libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Experience in NLP feature engineering and modeling
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with Azure cognitive services
- Experience with transformer models like BERT/GPT
- Expertise with Python
- Ability to write robust and testable code
- Experience with machine learning/deep learning frameworks (PyTorch or TensorFlow) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Linguistics or similar field
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: NLP Engineer, Data Scientist, Text Embedding Models, Feature Extraction Algorithms, Extraction Models, Machine Learning, NLP Engineering, Azure Cognitive Services, Transformer Models, Python, Deep Learning Frameworks, NLP Azure word2vec, GloVE, n-grams, Text Classification Scientist, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, United States, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting