Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Florida Memorial Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) New Graduate Nurse RN - StaRN Residency - October to join our healthcare family.
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our New Graduate Nurse RN - StaRN Residency - October opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5 to 7 Weeks (depending on track)
- Instructor-led classroom training
- Paid training
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Self-directed / on-line learning
- Several Certifications obtained
- Meditech Training and Validation
- Schedule: typically Monday-Friday, 40 hour work week (8hr days)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 7 Weeks
- Conducted at the hospital
- Paid training
- You will be assigned a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
- Schedule: 3 – 12 Hour shifts on the unit that selected you
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
- Nurse Residents continue monthly professional development through routine interactions with a mentor
- Attend a monthly residency seminar
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Attend 1 year graduation
Qualified candidates are eligible for Sign-On and Relocation bonuses.
What qualifications you will need:
• Graduate of an accredited Nursing School - within past 1 year is preferred
• Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license by the start of the cohort
• No current or prior experience working as an acute care hospital RN
• Flexibility to work day or night shift (unit needs vary)
•Attendance is imperative and 100% mandatory throughout the initial StaRN Training Program
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our New Graduate Nurse RN - StaRN Residency - October opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.