Ref ID: 01120-9502759041
Classification: Network/Systems Engineer
Our client is looking for an IT Network & Systems Engineer your core job responsibility is to design and consult in conjunction with the Head of Infrastructure and Networks to design network topologies, architectures, and services that solve for many requirements. We listen to our customers (both internal and external), but we also listen to our teams. Our Engineers contribute materially to each team’s roadmap, and constantly help us to determine what is most important. The primary area of responsibility you will have is to design ahead of customer or technology needs, always predicting and solving for problems that have not yet occurred. This takes the form of creating and defending High Level Design (HLD) documents, working with vendors or internal stakeholders to influence technology roadmaps, constructing and testing your solutions, and providing support to the teams that will deploy and operate these designs. Our teams also serve as technical escalation points in support of our very talented IT operations teams. Given the nature of the work, in addition to being conversant with technology, the candidate must be very well-organized, self-motivated, curious, display a strong attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
• Setting up and configuring ExpressRoute
• Azure Site Recovery or Azure Migrate
• Docker or Kubernetes
• Analyses network characteristics (e.g. latency, jitter, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoots problems, and recommends modification of voice system and network.
• Thorough knowledge of Network Management products and proficiency with ITP-standard monitoring tools
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals and a detailed knowledge of networking technologies such as Metro Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, DWDM, TDM
• Thorough understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, PIM, IGMP, DHCP, and DNS
• Perform 1st, 2nd, 3rd level support for the WIFI, corporate LAN, MAN and WAN Infrastructure
• Implementation of Cloud service integrations for network requirements and data flows
• Implementation of AWS, VPC and VPC endpoints
• Implementation of Cloud VPN and BGP peering
• Test and turn-up of Cloud based network devices, Firewalls, Load Balancer
• Support and operate a Carrier Grade Networks
• Configure advanced routing protocols OSPF and BGP
• Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global Azure & AWS data center
• Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
• Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions, bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
• Support and configure SSL and IPsec VPN technologies
• Help triage Help Desk tickets that are Network Infrastructure related.
• Work with architecture group to gather requirements, design and deploy network infrastructure
• Develops and maintains enterprise level policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures to ensure ongoing security compliance; recommend security improvements; ensure that technology decisions are compliant with organizational technology and security strategies.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned