Ref ID: 01120-0012001486
Classification: Security Manager
This position will manage the Network Security Operations team and report to Director of IT Security as part of the Corporate IT Security Operations Division within the Department of Information Technology. This Network Security Manager will be responsible for leading technical engineers, overseeing design, engineering, and operations management of network security technologies operating in a multiple data center and cloud environment. The Network Security Manger be responsible for the delivery of security-related initiatives addressing internal and external business risks. The individual will lead a team that partners closely with Network Engineering for the development and execution of processes and standards to ensure secure network design.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and possess a blend of general Business, Technology and Security competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile background, critical thinking, and analytical capabilities, as well as a proven ability to bridge organization boundaries to validate network security controls in infrastructure designs and risk mitigation strategies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Manage and develop the team responsible for network security technologies, operating systems, and configurations related to said infrastructure. This includes firewall, content filter, IDS/IPS, WAF, NAC, and VPN.
• Advise and coach team members on procedures, technical problems, priorities, and standard methodology.
• Lead delivery of network security initiatives, including requirements gathering and deliverable alignment.
• Develop, execute, and measure processes to ensure secure network design. An example would include review of high-risk firewall rules against developed standards and the establishment of policy lifecycle activities.
• Promote standardization, configurations, and processes with automation in mind.
• Develop and maintain KPIs for leadership reporting purposes.
• Develop and implement service level agreements and improvement plans.
• Troubleshoot complex network security issues and identifying root cause of issues and developing continuous improvement of the platform.
• Work with the Network Architecture and Engineering teams to define and document network security standards and design.
• Develop strong, collaborative partnerships within organization and across business functions.
• Maintain security baseline standards and design documentation and diagrams.
• Participate in Incident Response activities.
• Coordinate and communicate closely with Management and Service Desk during all unplanned outages