UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This specialist role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We're driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and compensated. Your expertise in provider networks can help us build in the next phase of evolution.
The UHN Network Program Manager, Government Programs, is responsible for the successful initiative engagement and development, compliance with network requirements, network and operational knowledge, and program implementation throughout the organization as it relates to Government Program initiatives and goals. This position is responsible for working with United Healthcare Networks, Community & State (UHCS) Medicare & Retirement (UHMR), Legal, HCE, Operations, Regional/National teams, and Optum on ensuring successful execution of business goals on a national basis.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in the development of business strategy
- Oversee network analysis and strategy development on key Government Program initiatives
- Drive program design and implementation to improve quality and affordability through improvements in appropriateness and effectiveness
- Ensure teams are obtaining, validating and analyzing data impacting network availability and access
- Engage relevant stakeholders (market / regional / national network management; UHCS/UHMR Provider Experience and Operations; HCE; UHC and C&S/M&R Legal, etc.) as appropriate in decisions on strategy, contracting, or problem solving
- Facilitates business best practices and process improvements through cross-functional collaboration
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
This role will challenge you to bring your best. This is a fast-paced, intense and performance focused environment where you'll be managing a portfolio of projects, tracking and communicating change and ensuring high levels of employee engagement.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of managed healthcare experience in a matrix environment, high preference for Government Programs experience
- 3+ years of Government Programs experience working with Medicaid and / or Medicare
- 3+ years of successful project management experience and proficiency in leading projects
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Strong problem-solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand
- Ability to multi-task, shifting back and forth effectively among multiple activities
- Possesses good interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
- Capable facilitation skills with ability to influence others and build strong relationships
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Visio
- Strong knowledge of Network Management objectives and contracting processes
- Systems (CSP Facets, COSMOS, NICE) knowledge
Building diverse, high quality provider networks is creating greater access to health care and improving the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Program Manager, PM, Program Manager, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Jacksonville, Florida, FL