Candidates can also sit locally in San Diego, Pearl Harbor, Norfolk, Bremerton, Jacksonville
They will be working on designs for the largest network in the world. Employees will have the opportunity to work from home and be able to design networks for the war-fighter so they are able to complete their mission. Will have access to learn about new technologies and while working form home have a flexible work schedule.
5 + years experience with Routing protocols BGP with Cisco equipment
5 + years experience with Design and Architecture of networks in a mid to Large size environment.
5+ years of experience with OSPF and VPN.
Must have at minimum an Interim Secret Clearance to Start
Customer is open now to accepting a candidate without an active clearance and TEKsystems will process to gain the Interim clearance so we can look at candidates without an active clearance
* The Network Engineer will obtain requirements from the Perspecta Network Architect and translate them into network (router and switch) configurations.
* Then the engineer will put together a test plan for the configuration they designed
* Along the way the engineer will verify that the solution they design will meet all of the requirements outlined by the architect
* The whole time, this engineer will need to collaborate with other groups within HP (for instance the Information Assurance, network security teams) to make sure the solution meets security standards
* The engineer will also be responsible for a lot of documentation along the path to getting the solution approved. This approval can often times be very tedious and complicated with a lot of red-tape and documentation required by the Navy customer.
* For example one of the projects is taking the VPN functionality on Juniper and moving it to Cisco VPN solution (aka GetVPN)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.