Title - Network Engineer
Location - Jacksonville Florida
Duration - 4 Months Contract
We are looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our r company's computer networks. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
Network Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field of study with a network engineering focus or relevant work experience.
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- 3-5 years network engineer experience
- Understanding of network architecture
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Extensive experience with capturing network traffic as necessary and deep packet inspection and protocol analysis.
- SD WAN experience
- Nexus 5k,7k, and 9k experience
- Advanced skills with deep packet inspection and protocol analysis.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.