Ref ID: 01120-9502642212
Classification: Network Engineer
Robert Half Technology is actively seeking a Network Engineer for a 3-6 month contract-to-hire opportunity. Local applicants only, please. No C2C.
• Cisco shop (just upgraded to cisco firepower for firewalls and VPN, nexus core switch, endpoint switch nexus 9300s), Meraki APC and lieberts UPS
• 2 data centers (1 onsite, 1 coloCSX)
• 3000+ endpoints
Under limited supervision, the Senior Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice and data network services while following industry best practices. This is achieved by designing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring the local and wide area networks across the organization.
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
• Provide hardware trouble-shooting support & coordinate with hardware or network support resources as problems are reported through network monitoring tools, helpdesk or as assigned by manager.
• Evaluate, recommend, plan, and implement network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
• Conduct or Direct on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of network problems for a variety of end users and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions.
• Maintain network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPS’s.
• Maintain inventory of assigned hardware and software.
• Develop training procedures to facilitate improved functionality and educate the user on same.
• Coordinate hardware and software installs or upgrades.
• Maintain a record of hardware incidents for use in analysis and interaction with the vendor.
• Utilize software tools to analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot systems.
• Function as a liaison between the user departments, management, and external customers as well as vendor support to ensure adequate understanding of project or problem status by all parties.
• Respond to system malfunctions after normal working hours as on-call rotation is assigned.
• Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans and maintain current knowledge of plan executables.
• Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
• Travel to remote sites to provide site surveys and systems support as needed.
• Maintain equipment work area and spare parts storage.
• Attend training as requested by management.
• Prepare and attend regularly scheduled departmental, subcommittee and steering committee meetings.
• Participate in self-instruction methods, in-house training, and outside training opportunities.
• Perform miscellaneous clerical tasks as requested (i.e. use of office automation tools, telephone coverage, etc.).
• Participate in compliance and regulatory audits and produce documentation, as necessary.
• Lead in the identification, mitigation and remediation of network related security and compliance gaps as identified by internal and external audits.
• Demonstrate strong project management skills by managing projects and delegating tasks.
• May perform other duties as assigned.