Ref ID: 01120-9502182481
Classification: Network Engineer
Robert Half Technology is seeking a talented Network Engineer for a 6-m contract-to-hire opportunity.
SUMMARY: The Network Engineer will be responsible for contributing to the design, implementation, modification, and management of the client's network infrastructure. This position requires advanced skills with a high level of proficiency to analyze, research, implement, and maintain solutions across the LAN/WAN. The Network Engineer will work closely with Department Network Engineers, System Administrators, and Security Department to accomplish the following:
• Providing permanent solutions to complex issues that are in line with business objectives
• Provide exceptional support to internal and external customers on a variety of issues
• Recognize problems, research, isolate, resolve, and follow-up on fix actions
• Create, maintain, and update standard operating procedures and network documentation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and maintain Data Center infrastructure, to include integration of new technologies and architecture, support of Infrastructure projects, and troubleshooting system issues.
• Configure and maintain routers, switches, network appliances, firewalls, load balancers and other network communication devices
• Prepare technical documentation to communicate ideas, concepts, and details necessary to accomplish specific goals
• Responsible for system performance; support/troubleshoot/repair voice/network issues and coordinate installation of new hardware
• Responsible for monitoring and control of the status and performance of on-line network systems
• Interface with Customer Support and Infrastructure teams to resolve problems in a timely manner. May communicate with clients to provide quick and accurate problem determination/updates.
• Determine priority of action and additional resources required, based on severity of service interruption.
• Draft and maintain technical documentation, processes, procedures, and network diagrams
• Install, configure and/or support technical components, operating systems, network equipment and software, middleware components and network applications
• Participate in the planning, design and implementation of projects and IT initiatives
• Manage and utilize tools to administer and monitor ADS network circuits and equipment
• Work with ADS team members to enhance and improve overall system operability
• Candidate will be required to provide after-hours, on-call service to support other departments, data center outages, and field sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
For serious consideration, please call Charles at (904) 997-9960.