At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Global Training Systems and Services (GTS&S) is currently seeking Mid-Level Software Engineers to join their team in St. Louis, MO or Jacksonville, FL.
GTS&S is responsible for designing, developing, building and delivering flight and maintenance training solutions to the warfighter. The simulators developed are not off the shelf video games but are high fidelity, tech heavy, fully immersive training machines that allow the warfighter to maintain their mission readiness in their pursuit to defend freedom around the world. GTS&S supports multiple aircraft and rotor-craft platforms, including the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, the P-8 Poseidon anti-surface/submarine warfare aircraft, the F-15, F-18, and F-22 tactical aircraft, the MQ-25 Stingray aerial refueling drone, the T-7 jet trainer, and the C-17 Globemaster responsible for decades of military and humanitarian efforts.
Software is an integral part of each of these products and these products are integral parts of the defense of multiple nations. If you come to work with us you will be responsible for full life-cycle software development of real-time human-in-the-loop models of aircraft systems and displays which means you will have a hand in defining the requirements; designing, implementing and testing the software; and supporting these products through delivery and in the field.
The selected applicant will be a member of a high performing, collaborative team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills. These teams use Agile methodologies to support all aspects of product development, including project management.
Are you interested in learning about cutting edge aircraft platforms while supporting the development of key training assets for the United States and our allies? If so, GTS&S Software Engineering team has an opportunity for you!
The applicant will be encouraged to actively help the team to continuously improve and develop innovative and creative solutions to products and processes.
Are you ready to build the future? Build your career in Software Engineering at The Boeing Company.
- Develop vehicle simulation trainer software in an agile software development environment.
- Test Integrate both object-oriented software designs and non-object-oriented designs as appropriate to the feature being developed.
- Work closely with Systems Engineering, Test, and Integration teams to translate high level system and software requirements into low level software requirements.
- Participate in process design and implementation peer reviews and provide constructive feedback to drive high quality deliverable software.
- Clearly communicate technical information to other engineers and to management.
- Understand and execute within the boundaries of budget and schedule demands.
- Key Contributor to team shared process and “how to” documentation on the team wiki or other venue
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim U.S. Secret Clearance and final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree
- 3+ years of experience developing software
- Experience with Linux and windows development
- 3+ years of experience in Object Oriented Application Development
- Experience using scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python, shell scripts, etc.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Software Development Tools (Visual Studio)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in tactical aircraft software development
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry is a plus
- Product Owner and/or Scrum Master
- Experience working in Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) using appropriate code versioning, build and test automation tools
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework enterprise (SAFe) or Agile in general
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This Hybrid position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (St. Louis, MO or Jacksonville, FL.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.