Our IT and Analytics Team Members utilize the latest technology to develop, monitor, and maintain complex practices that help optimize our success. Our Team Members value being challenged, are encouraged to express their ideas, and have the flexibility to enjoy work life balance. We build intrinsic value by partnering with all functions of our business to support their success and make strategic business decisions. We focus on professional development and continuous improvement while enjoying a casual work environment and Great Place to Work culture!
The purpose of the Analyst, Analytic Solutions position is to perform analysis on pricing and credit risk, loan servicing strategies, business policies, processes, and performance champion/challenger tests.
Outcomes and Activities:
- This position will work from home and also requires some work onsite at an assigned office work location (Mid-Level)
- This position will work from home. At a future date, occasional planned travel to an office location may be required (Senior)
- Actively monitor the performance of strategies in production
- Analyze data to drive better business decisions
- Develop complex programming to extract and manipulate data
- Develop, monitor, and maintain complex strategies with the goal of optimizing high volume decisions to add intrinsic value to Credit Acceptance
- Develop and produce reports to measure the performance of champion/challenger tests, policies, and processes
- Perform analysis to solve business problems and drive better decisions
- Translate high level business goals into the tasks and technical specifications needed to accomplish the goal
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be able to apply analytical skills to solve problems creatively
- Ability to extract and manipulate large data sets
- Communicate complex information to others in a way they can understand
- Be self-motivated and able to perform with minimal supervision
- Apply analytical skills to solve problems creatively
- Act promptly and effectively when assigned tasks
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Be proactive and make recommendations as opportunities arise
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics, etc. - preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in an academic or professional setting using one or more of the following analytical tools SAS, SQL or R (Mid-Level)
- 3+ years’ experience in an academic or professional setting using one or more of the following analytical tools SAS, SQL or R (Senior)
- 2+ years’ experience in an analytics setting, or a combination of higher education and experience (Mid-Level)
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytics setting, or a combination of higher education and experience (Senior)
- Professional experience in financial services analytics (Senior)
- Graduate degree (Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics)
- Experience monitoring credit scorecards or collection scores
- Experience testing system implementations
- Knowledge of loan servicing functions
- Knowledge of credit risk management
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience running and creating reports in an analytical tool or in a business intelligence setting (Mid-Level)
Targeted Compensation: $67,000 - $112,000
This position is not currently open to individuals who require sponsorship now or in the future to work legally for Credit Acceptance, such as H-1b / H-4 or F-1 OPT visa holders.
Our Company Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive : Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful : Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful : Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct : Communicate clearly and objectively; don’t be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest : Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
- Remain compliant with our policies processes and legal guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
Does this position align with your career goals? Do you meet the required qualifications? Do our PRIDE values resonate with you? Perfect! We want to hear from you.
We understand that your career search may look different than others. Our hiring team wants to make sure that this would be a fit not just for us, but for you long term. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!
We have great details around our stats, success, history and more. We’re proud of our culture and are happy to share why – let’s talk!
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and value a culturally diverse workforce. We believe in ensuring all team members demonstrate mutual respect for one another. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics like age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
California Residents: Please click here for the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) notice regarding the personal information Credit Acceptance may collect from you.