Responsible for managing the innovation practice for information technology research and development at JEA. Responsible for analyzing opportunities for business innovation or improvement through the use of emerging and/or existing IT technologies. Provides oversight in the planning and execution of multiple technology innovation initiatives with a cross-functional technical and development group of resources.
- Oversees all technology innovation initiatives at JEA including research, design, development, implementation, and performance monitoring.
- Monitors the technology environment to identify the mainstream or emerging technologies and their applicable value to JEA.
- Leads all planning and prioritization for proof-of-concept (PoC) and pilot projects throughout the organization; evaluates results of PoC and pilot projects and makes recommendations to internal stakeholders, Technology Services, and senior leaders.
- Partners with Technology Services peers to participate in strategic planning and enterprise architecture decisions.
- Conducts cost-benefit and risk analysis for potential technology innovations and recommends course of action.
- Owns process for gathering and synthesizing innovation ideas from internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads process owners and stakeholders through scaling, impact analysis, change management, and implementation for all successful technology innovations.
- Stays abreast of and complies with local, state, and federal legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforces adherence to requirements.
- Plans, organizes, trains, coaches, directs and evaluates the performance of assigned managers, supervisors, and staff, establishing performance requirements and personal development targets, monitoring performance and providing coaching for performance improvement and development.
- Performs other duties as required