Currently looking for a medical records documents specialist for a medical supplies company.
Medical Document Coordinator
JOB PURPOSE: Audits and confirms relevant documents on all new orders, delivery and pick up tickets.
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE CRITERIA:
1. Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving
discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the Customer Service
Manager or appropriate Department Manager.
2. Monitors accuracy of all patient demographic information, patient insurance information, and prior authorization information by reviewing, correcting, deleting or reentering data; monitoring accuracy of all items received by/from patient; verifying processing of all tickets; deleting voided tickets forwarded from Intake; documenting pertinent information in appropriate patient notes screens.
3. Maintains prescription accuracy by reviewing documents to ensure required information is provided and product is consistent with patient?s medical condition, preparing prescriptions for CMN department to assure accuracy of medical documentation.
4. Maintains accurate follow up system by retaining copies of all tickets requiring additional documentation in order for completion of confirmation, following up with telephone calls or additional mail within 48 hours of initial receipt of ticket, maintaining accurate records for each location to assure materials are received to justify payment as required by appropriate insurance agency.
5. Promotes positive company image by establishing positive rapport with referral sources and patients; responding to requests; resolving concerns.
6. Maintains historical records by completing and updating patient computer file; maintaining ticket tracking retrieval system.
7. Provides quality assurance by sharing information and assisting in the training process of new staff members.
8. Maintains product knowledge and knowledge of reimbursement source requirements We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected classification under federal and state law.