Vaco is hiring for several Medical Billers in Jacksonville; Florida. This is contract to hire; paying $17-$17.50/hour.
Purpose: Utilize data provided by medical coders to compile and submit claims to insurance companies and subsequently bill patients.
Day-to-day responsibilities and assigned functions may include:
- Claims corrections and resubmissions.
- Claim follow up on denials.
- Customer service.
- Appeal filling and follow up.
- Strong ICD-10 and CPT code knowledge
- Reviewing and appealing unpaid and denied claims
- Using coded data to produce; submit and authorize claims to insurance companies
- Working directly with insurance companies; healthcare providers and patients to process claims for payment
- Servicing Patient Accounts; as needed; including verifying patients' insurance coverage and answering billing/claims inquiries
- Prior experience in medical insurance billing and patient financial services.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge and understanding of billing and coding standards devised by the business; government and the healthcare industry.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Effective communication skills; both written and oral.
- Computer proficient.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Team-Player Mentality - Initiative to support peers through quality teamwork
- Work Ethic - Results-driven; ability to consistently meet/exceed expectations and goals
- Dedication; Drive; Dependability - Display a desire to execute on day-to-day duties
- Positive Attitude - Critical thinking and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; conclusions or approaches to problems
- Flexibility/Adaptability-Ability to embrace change; engage and adapt; accordingly
- Active/Continuous Learner - Eager to actively seek new techniques; processes and methods to develop and enrich skill-set and improve upon weaknesses