Medical Assistant / X Ray Tech
Contract Length: 3 Month Contract to hire
Pay: $18-20 an hour depending on experience
The CSI Companies is seeking several experienced Medical Assistant / X Ray Tech
who have 1+ years of experience as a Radiology Technician in a comparable environment OR successful completion of a Radiology Technician certification program with externship experience.
- Duties include performing initial clinical evaluations as well as directed procedures for urgent care, occupational health and worker’s compensation procedures.
- The X-Ray Tech/Medical Assistant will perform x-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement using knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Provides timely follow up regarding lab and xray results
- Assists Registrars with patient check in/out procedures when necessary
- Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history, current mediations, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate
- Administer any medication as ordered by provider and within your licensure/certification; Laboratory duties Perform CLIA-waived lab test, draw blood and collect and label specimens for any send out labs; Perform DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens and Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT)
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures and follows established clinical and regulatory procedures in regards to patient safety and care; including proper radiation protection and shielding techniques
- Ensures that equipment is in proper working order and reports any malfunctions to the Center Manager or designee on duty
- Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies
- Phlebotomy, injections, medical procedures and laboratory procedures appropriate for level of training under the direction of a clinician
Proficient with practice management software and overall knowledge of MS Office
Ability to work weekends and holidays
High School diploma or equivalent
Radiology Technician Certificate preferred and current state license (where applicable)
BLS Certification preferred
Minimum 1 year of experience as a Radiology Technician in a comparable environment OR successful completion of a Radiology Technician certification program with externship experience