We are currently searching for multiple Medical Assistants for two locations here in the Jacksonville area to start ASAP!
This position is full-time with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, and a 401K retirement plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with orthopedic physicians and physician assistants to coordinate the care and needs of patients.
- Assist with clerical duties such as completing forms and charting.
- Check physician schedules and prepare charts for needed test results.
- Organize patient flow to keep physician on schedule.
- Assist patients to exam room, collect patient history, and conduct screening per physician guidelines.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Answer patient phone calls and give instructions at the direction of the physician.
- Document phone calls and prescription refills.
- Maintain clean exam rooms and instruments following infection control guidelines.
- Follow bio-hazardous waste standards.
- Restock exam rooms and maintain medical supplies.
- Follow universal precautions when assisting with patient care.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Clerical and computer duties are required to complete forms and charting.
- Valid Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA) or FL CNA license.
- Valid CPR certification.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 3 years Medical Assistant experience.
- Orthopaedic experience a plus.
- Proficiency with triaging patient care issues.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced clinic.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and safety guidelines/regulations.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Computer proficient.