Mechanical Engineer (Automation)
Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer(Automation) for a long-term engagement at one of our Global clients in Jacksonville, FL.
This role is a full-time, fully benefitted position. As a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from.
You’ll also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time.
All KellyOCG employees receive annual performance reviews.
Mechanical Engineer (Automation)
Working as a Mechanical Automation Engineer on this project, you would be expected to perform a variety of engineering assignments utilizing a wide range of engineering principles.
- Work at engineering lead level involving planning development and design of equipment, processes or facilities.
- Participates with teams of engineers and/or technicians as necessary to achieve project completion.
- Ensures that manufacturing equipment meets company specifications, schedules and budgets. Facilitates and conducts engineering assignments involving projects of moderate magnitude and scope.
- Coordinates projects with sub-contractors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes. Acts as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes.
- Qualifies new equipment and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet project objectives. (20%)
- Prepares equipment, process, safety and materials specifications and conducts technical analysis of vendor proposals. (15%)
- Performs concept analysis and justification of capital projects and manage capital project executions. (15%)
- Supervises teams of inside and outside designers, consultants and contractors. (15%)
- Plans, conducts and directs equipment engineering assignments for production support in areas of uptime, cycle time and yield. Manage multiple projects across various disciplines. (15%)
- Provides training to Operations engineers and technicians to operate, troubleshoot and maintain new equipment. (10%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering BSME
- 4-6 years engineering experience in equipment development, project management, construction, installation and qualification required.
- 1 year of experience working in FDA environment.
- Knowledge and understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of manufacturing engineering.
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- 2D & 3D CAD software experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD Inventor).
- Experience with Automation, Allen Bradley / Rockwell PLC's.
- Experience with Robotics preferred
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States immediately and without employer sponsorship (F1 OPT cannot be considered for this position).
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.