The role is responsible for leading design and development in areas such as mechanical, thermal, and electromechanical systems for design and production of Lithium-Ion battery systems. Also, supporting new development and improvement of current Saft products; by using the appropriate, standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the product life cycle.
This position requires an understanding of structural analysis and thermal analysis of battery systems and components. May also, lead other engineers with design for manufacturability (DFM) and design for cost (DFC) to ensure that the design of components and systems are optimized for manufacturing and assembly. Performs tolerance stacks and apply GD&T to drawings. Participates in DFMEA’s and provides input to PFMEA’s and creation of test plans. Provides Engineering support to manufacturing and operations and contributes to technical proposals.
- Act as a lead for identifying parts required to meet system technical requirements, identifies innovation solutions.
- Support the system technical specifications in agreement with customer requirements, safety aspects and required regulations.
- Support the development of the mechanical and thermal subsystems specifications for the product to design.
- Support the customization of the mechanical design of existing products to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Support the Sales teams for pre-project phase. Contribute to the technical proposals (costs, planning).
- Support the transfer of the technical dossier to the production line team.
- Contribute to a continuous improvement.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 4+ years of experience in product design and development
Specific Knowledge: Mechanical design, FEA and CFD experiences are as plus.
Business Understanding: Demonstrated history of leading engineering projects and collaboration with other teams
Knowledge of Windchill and Creo Parametric. Interaction with customer and suppliers is a plus.