The Fresh Market & You:Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!About the Position:
Do you have experience in meat cutting? Are you committed to delivering a first-class experience for guests? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Meat Cutter, you will manage, cut and trim meat and seafood according to The Fresh Market standards and as requested by our Guests. You will also assist with department inventory, pricing integrity, merchandising, and other operational processes to provide the best product and excellent service at the right time for our guests and to drive sales.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain knowledge of products/weekly ad items throughout the store and work across departments to assist guests in finding products and complete meal solutions
- Handle, slice, expertly cut and trim a variety of the department’s prime and premium meat and seafood products, and items for our convenient meal solutions throughout the day, while also managing quality product levels as indicated within TFM standards
- Monitor temperature of cases, spill overs, and storage areas
- Enforce and follow department practices regarding receiving, stocking, and the unloading deliveries of product to ensure freshness and quality; including but not limited to case, coolers, freezers, and sales floor
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety, per TFM policies, and per law
To meet the needs of our stores, guests and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings and occasional overnight and holiday work.