Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Marketing Technology and Analytics Managing Director (or MarTech Managing Director), will set and execute Advisory Board’s marketing technology and an analytics strategy including design, maintain and manage Advisory Board’s numerous marketing-related platforms including Adobe Analytics, Domo, Eloqua, Conductor and other associated marketing and analytics platforms. The MarTech Managing Director will need to develop a deep understanding of the Advisory Board business and strong relationships with key business stakeholders across both Optum and Advisory Board to provide effective oversight and guidance, including and especially with the teams that oversee Salesforce, Sitecore and Content Hub as well as the Acquisition Marketing, Customer Engagement Marketing and Scaled Delivery teams.
- Manage Marketing Technology and Analytics Function
Build and manage new marketing technology and analytics function. Integrate existing teams (e.g., web development team) and stand up new capabilities (e.g., marketing and audience analytics and commercial predictive analytics). Directly oversee marketing and audience analytics platforms (Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics), and content management systems. Will manage Advisory Board instances of Domo, Eloqua SEO platforms and integrations with Salesforce
- Translate Business Priorities into Marketing Technology and Analytics Strategy and Execute Accordingly
Develop deep understanding of Advisory Board strategy to identify opportunities for enablement via marketing technology and analytics. Identify critical priorities - both near- and long-term, and craft and execute corresponding action plans. Infuse business priorities into day-to-day work prioritization to most critical strategic business needs are always prioritized
- Maintain System Performance, Streamline Work and Ensure Interoperatbility
Address and help resolve issues and problems with various MarTech systems. Seek feedback from key internal and external stakeholders. Monitor performance against internal and/or external Service Level Agreements. Conduct regular meetings with relevant internal stakeholders to review and discuss updates and outstanding issues. Work will include implementation of technical fixes, changes, upgrades to AB instance of SF and Eloqua, ContentHub, Sitecore, Coveo etc via both internal teams (AB and Optum) and external vendors
- Cross Division Collaboration - within both Advisory Board and Optum, as well as with external Partners
Develop and manage relationships with critical internal Advisory Board and Optum stakeholders including Marketing, Product Management, Content Strategy, Commercial and Content teams - to incorporate their knowledge and needs into system design and work prioritization. Develop robust and accountable relationships with critical external partners
- Budget Management and Capital Plan
Develop and manage technology budget - including internal costs as well as external vendor costs. Support creation of capital requests. Develop long-term capital plan. Manage capital spend to budget, prioritizing and making adjustments throughout the year as needed
Common Language of Leadership Behaviors to prioritize in the MarTech role:
- Technical and Functional Skills: Know your industry; Know your technical platform; Know your key functions; Develop new knowledge/skills as needed; Be a lifelong learner
- Critical Thinking: Collects essential and relevant information; Assess value and connectedness, synthesize information, Apply multiple analytical tools, Generate conclusions and probable best solutions, Run Scenarios
- Managing Teams: Assembles aligned talent, Communicates clearly, Creates team accountability, Uses best practice teaming processes, Establishes a collaborative culture, Debriefs team successes and failures
- Growth Mindset: Be open-always, Learns broadly, Be energized by the new, different and unique, Pushes self into never been done before situations, Be energized to break through barriers, Debriefs the good, the bad and the ugly for learnings
- Planning Skills: Language is: Identify opportunities; Understanding vision and strategy; Assess resources, Deploy resources effectively; Align tasks, people, resources, outcomes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of relevant marketing technology experience
- 3+ years of relevant management experience
- 3+ years of Domo experience
- Experience working with relevant platform types (website content management systems, search platforms, web and audience analytics, etc.)
- Experience successfully leading, managing, and influencing in a highly matrixed environment
- Deep understanding of marketing technology and analytics platforms including: Salesforce, Eloqua, Adobe analytics, Domo, website content management systems and related analytics platforms
- Ability to deal with evolving business objectives and related analytical needs
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 3+ years of experience in technical role as software developer, engineer or systems architect
- Experience working with all relevant platforms particularly: Sitecore, Eloqua, Coveo, Google Analytics and Adobe analytics
- Experience managing external vendor partnerships, including scoping and managing SOWs
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining relationships with diverse array of stakeholders
- Ability to work well across the enterprise, fostering key relationships within Optum and UnitedHealth Group
- Ability to setting department-wide priorities and make resourcing decisions and trade-offs
- Unflagging attention to detail and commitment to managing deadlines
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. (add additional reference for sales and physicians). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Marketing Technology and Analytics, Managing Director, Director, Manager, Marketing Technology, Advisory Board Research, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote