About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
The Market Manager is responsible for delivering outstanding customer experiences, making their market a place people want to work, and growing the P&L for their business.
The Market Manager owns all aspects of the company’s performance in their market, and is responsible for all activities related to the sales, service and installation of Empire's product lines. As a service business, it is critical that the Market Manager is able to recruit, coach, develop, support, and lead a team to reach the location's goals and objectives, both short- and long-term.
The Market Manager’s duties include:
Deliver the business
- Deliver or surpass Empire's standards for market and departmental performance: Sales, Installation, Customer Service, Admin, and Warehouse.
- Manage all customer-facing aspects of the market’s operation in order to deliver outstanding customer experiences 100% of the time
- Provide daily leadership and management of all associates and contractors within the market
- Maintain a daily cadence and rhythm that improves performance and consistency for our team and our customers
- Support daily Sales and Installation activities as needed to strengthen relationships with contractors and drive business results
- Anticipate future needs – resource, product, tools, supplies, office and warehouse equipment – and pre-empt shortages and outages
- Appropriately balance the needs of, and conflicts among, customers, team, financials, and any other objectives
Develop the business
- Consistently use customer and non-customer feedback to identify and address issues and process gaps
- Improve service levels, team engagement, and process effectiveness and efficiency through full use of all tools, management and maintenance of rosters and system parameters, and training around and adherence to Empire’s processes and best practices
- Develop, model, and advance a culture that prioritizes The Empire Way (our Mission, Customer Promise, Values, and Goals. Demonstrate and demand highest levels of integrity and ethics
- Recruit, onboard, train, performance manage, and lead their team to accomplish Empire’s Goals
- Embrace and drive full use of all resources, company initiatives, and departments across Empire Today and Market Support
Operate the business
- Consistently grow revenue. Grow profit at a rate greater than revenue growth.
- Establish and deliver performance to the market’s annual Plan.
- Provide regular forecasts and updates of actual vs plan
- Forecast staffing needs for seasonal business changes and increased volume; retain, recruit and engage, and train or educate in anticipation of need
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
The successful candidate will possess:
- 7+ years experience with a customer-facing business in a Home Improvement industry setting, with specific experience in Operations & Sales:,
- At least 3 years of which were as the most senior manager in a branch or market location
- At least 3 years of full P&L and hire-fire responsibility.
- At least 3 years managing multiple different functions and managing managers of others
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Achieve both revenue and profit budgets, including at least 2 consecutive years.
- Deliver strong-and-improving customer service levels, with at least 2 successive years of improvements
- Hire, train, and retain a team, including both front-line associates and lower-level supervision / management
- Use detailed operating reports and metrics to assess performance, identify course corrections, and achieve business results
- In-home/’last mile’ execution experience is strongly preferred
- Strong business-to-consumer service orientation & experience
- Proven track record in leadership and people management, with impeccable ethics
- Consistent career progression and demonstrated resilience in the face of adversity or failure
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team through ambiguity and to successfully balance conflicting demands
- Excellent problem solving & prioritization skills demonstrated through a sense of urgency, solid judgment, and reasoning ability, proven in a fast-paced & rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Proficient computer skills with fluency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication and persuasive skills
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.