Location: Warren, MI
Duration: 12 Months
- Liaison between VS-GA and all departments at the Assembly Plant
- Single point contact for tooling/equipment issues, concerns and possible continuous throughput improvement ideas/projects
- Provide technical direction and project management oversight to suppliers, contractors and/or plant maintenance for new tooling and kit installations
- Support tryout and debug of tooling and equipment at assembly plant
- Maintaining accurate Tooling Status List for shipment and installation to meet targets.
- Receive all tooling deliveries/packages based on installation schedule
- Support new vehicle launch at the assembly plant which will include various shifts and long hours during construction and launch events
- Ensure all ME tool designs are data-banked and spare parts information is available to plant
- Assist in the planning, estimating, and evaluating of new manufacturing process and equipment for installation.
- Often requires conducting plant floor walks with IEs and Contractors to understand scope of work
- Attend (1) plant safety walk per month to maintain VSGA presence and site on safety
- Communicate project status, results and lessons learned to VS management
- Work with VS-ME to drive any error proofing features into product designs based on past lesson learnings