Manager, Software QA
Directs the activities of a software quality assurance function. Develops quality standards for company products and oversees the development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides guidance in the preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages and systems, computational software, and related technology.
• May oversee the integration of computers in the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition transmission, and processing.
• Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Conducts internal studies and/or audits on client and product development/engineering or operations team activities to evaluate if processes and deliverables fulfill the requirements for quality, to uncover errors or deficiencies in processes and deliverables, and to identify strengths and opportunities for improvement; studies and audits include issues such as profitability, productivity, and quality.
• Manages and/or participates in the overall auditing process.
• Monitors applicable business unit work to ensure consistency and compliance with standard processes.
• Contributes to the tactical and strategic planning for future quality programs.
• Stays current with process-related industry standards.
• Communicates quality information throughout the organization.
• Support the development and delivery of training in quality matters.
• Leads and mentors quality assurance team members.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university. Degree in computer science preferred or in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge and use of process improvement and quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software or business operations processes for which the quality program will be focused
• Considerable knowledge and qualification in company’s standard processes and one or more best practices quality approaches (e.g., CMMI, ISO, six sigma, total quality measurement)
• Thorough knowledge and experience conducting risk analyses; quality assessments, audits and/or studies; and implementing successful process improvement programs
• Considerable knowledge of the basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies and software development life cycles (SDLC)
• Considerable knowledge of the software applications, business operations and processes used within the division
• Skill in understanding the clients’ needs, establishing credibility and building client relationships
• Considerable skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
• Skill in basic statistics
• Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve the company and project goals
• Ability to influence and motivate clients and employees
• Ability to succeed in an agile work environment where cross-functional teams work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
• Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills, working with technical and non-technical individuals
Manager Software Quality Assurance
First level of the managerial role – manages the coordination of the activities of a smaller team within the department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to a smaller team within latitude of established company policies. May works with senior managers to recommend changes to policies and established procedures that affect the team. May work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities. Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of experience and one year of leadership experience.
841 Prudential Dr, Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL, 32207