Kforce has a client that is seeking a Manager of Software Engineering in Jacksonville, Florida (FL).
The Manager of Software Engineering is responsible for leading and supporting the efforts of delivery teams in the development, maintenance, support, and enhancement of software applications. This position will lead a team of roughly 10 developers that will deliver new functionality and modernize mobile, web and desktop applications. A passionate and engaged nature will help ensure that we provide continuous improvements and innovative solutions.
- Leads and manages a team of developers responsible for development and maintenance of Web, Desktop and Mobile applications in an agile software development methodology
- Enhance Software Development processes and keep them aligned with best practices
- Guides team leads to prepare plans and estimates for software deliverables in projects
- Identifies and implements continuous improvements for the software development team including: Products, Technologies, Processes, Tools, Methods and Functional Competencies
- Removes technical barriers for the team through proper guidance
- Participates in the evaluation of technology opportunities which can result in new business models, products or technological advantage
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, mentors and monitors progress of the team
- Works with Project Managers to allocate resources to projects through effective capacity planning
- Assists the team with hands on Software Development and technical guidance as needed
- Coaches, mentors and develops team leads and team members through establishing appropriately SMART goals and Individual Development Plans
- Works closely with Architecture & Infrastructure Teams as well as their own Team on Technology Selection, Establishing Technical Standards and Technical Approach