Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Manager, IT Applications Delivery in any of the following locations: McLean, VA; San Antonio, TX; Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; or Jacksonville, FL.The primary purpose of this job is to deliver the strategic IT programs and projects. This position will focus on project delivery teams (consisting of Developers, Testers, Business Analysts, Automation Engineers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Consultants, etc.) delivery initiatives for all the Lines of Businesses here at PenFed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as IT Management Representative supporting the IT delivery teams (Employee and Consultants) based on enterprise priorities and timelines, and advocate IT projects to Business Sponsors
- Effective project and resource management skills to ensure that the delivery channels and applications required meet the defined Project/Program Goals.
- Work closely with business and technical staff from all areas of the company to identify and provide solutions to meet business requirements and/or resolve technical issues with the supported systems
- Proactive leadership of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning, a commitment to quality and accountability delivering high quality technology solutions.
- Mentor and develop staff using supportive and collaborative approach.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives and priorities, conduct performance appraisals, monitor and evaluate results.
- Deliver IT projects on time, within budget and to specifications.
- Effectively and efficiently, transition projects to the applications and operations maintenance teams.
- Manage third party technical staff and software vendors in the delivery of technology solutions.
- Ensure the department conforms to Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit and NCUA guidance on project management and software development.
- Maintain expert knowledge of credit union/ banking technologies and recommends changes to benefit the credit union, members and staff.
- Assist in creation of the monthly summary of portfolio, program and project progress.
- Work with IT management for forecasting, budget projections, and project expenses management.
- Collaborate with Cyber Security, Infrastructure and Compliance and other departments within the credit union to meet strategic goals.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is required.
- Advance Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ of progressively responsible experience in IT project delivery within financial services is required.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years out of overall IT experience should be in leading Software delivery teams
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ with direct supervision responsibilities in a supervisory/assistant manager capacity
- Minimum of two to three (2-3) years’ of experience leading delivery teams in agile environments.
- Strong Technical Background – Delivering Vendor Based solutions as well as leading in house Software Delivery/Development Teams.
- Proficient in digital banking from both Project Delivery as well as Business Acumen. Specifically, leading integration and migration activities with a third Party Vendor.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in high pressure, high stress environment.
- Possess knowledge of current Technical Software and Standards.
- Must have Technical and Business Acumen in digital banking with a record of accomplishment of delivering new functionality involving integration with core banking solutions.
This position will supervise employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. *Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.