This company is values based and looking for a dynamic go-getter with the ability to solve problems and an eagerness to succeed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Full unit turns to include but not limited to paint, install vinyl, sheetrock repair, screen repair, minor plumbing/electrical such as switching out outlets.
- Daily Unit Maintenance-Satisfies service requests per work order, following company procedures.
- Assists with apartment make-ready procedures: Paints, appliance repair, plumbing, electrical fixtures, repairs or replaces faulty parts; checks locks, replaces burned out light bulbs.
- Preventative Maintenance; Make regular inspections of grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances and major equipment: checks for appearance and cleanliness, checks for structural cracks, excessive wear; and faulty parts. Mow lawn, clean gutters.
- Emergency Maintenance: On call for emergency duties when assigned; familiar with power, water and gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants; Knows emergency telephone number (e.g., police, fire departments, Resident Manager, Corporate Manager)
- Other-Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies; Picks up trash on property; Reports all needed repairs to the Resident Manager; Assists with other types of maintenance when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintenance experience. (Basic maintenance skill knowledge a must; some detailed training is possible)
- Own transportation (Own pick-up truck is definitely helpful)
- Own tools is helpful but not completely necessary.
- Familiarity with electricity, plumbing and carpentry.
- Working knowledge of heating systems and various appliances.
- Appearance and manner must be compatible with the image of the property.
- Live in the area. Optional housing on-site is available.
- Good safety habits.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS (reading, writing, typing etc.):
- Must be able to speak to tenants and maintain good working relations with other staff members, tenants and supervisor as well as any contract laborers working on the property.
REASONING ABILITIES: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, may be required to perform repetitious movements for long periods of time in order to complete a task, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- General office environment as well as outdoor environment. Exposure to weather--heat, wet, cold, wind, and noise. Must sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, climb, crouch, reach, handle, see, hear and talk (Constantly). Lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs. (Frequently). Items that are over 50 lbs. must be lifted, carried, pushed, pulled, or moved with proper equipment for assistance (dolly) and proper safety procedures must also be followed.
- Must be able to handle all different tenant lifestyle environments such as clean, dirty, cluttered, odorous, and/or pet friendly units in a professional manner.
If you're ready for the next step in your career, make sure to apply now or submit your resume to Jessica Drinkard at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. For a confidential conversation, please call Jessica directly at 605-705-3764
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.