Schedule: Full-Time; 8:30am-5:30pm
The maintenance supervisor position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. The position oversees the maintenance department and ensure that the team is completing work orders as to the standards and expectation of the client and of the company.
As a team member of KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING, you are expected to understand and support the mission statement of the company and practice our GREAT values every day. These values include but are not limited to greeting and smiling; showing respect with name recognition and eye contact; accepting the empowerment to exceed everyone's expectations and showing enthusiasm for your position and duties; being accountable to show a positive attitude and accountable for your actions; and be trustworthy in your duties and transparent in everything you do. These are our GREAT values and part of your work practices and expected as part of your daily activities while working at KW Property Management and Consulting.
Duties and Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a key employee liaison between the client and KWPM services & internal support staff, the Maintenance Supervisor must perform the job duties with a view toward projecting a professional and competent image: Service to the customer in a friendly and outgoing manner is essential, while timeliness and professional appearance are key.
The position is fundamental to the operational functions of the Property and as such requires established organizational skills, with attention to detail and solid time management, and good interpersonal skills. Below are some fundamental responsibilities of the job;
- Supervise and assign tasks to the maintenance staff.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Receive and complete work orders from residents.
- Handle and work along with property vendors on jobs performed at the property.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Obtain estimates for supplies and repair parts. Order parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintain all work and common areas clean and free from debris.
- Supervise trash pick-up of all common areas and property.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Decision Making.
- Time Management.
- Customer/Client Focus.
Supervisory Responsibility; this position will supervise the Maintenance department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at the job site. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work will be determined by the property. This schedule may change to accommodate the business needs of the property.
There may be some travel for meetings and trainings