Formed in 1924, Cowan Systems enjoys a history of excellence and quality in the transportation business. Due to continued growth, Cowan Systems, LLC has a Maintenance Associate position available at our Jacksonville, FL terminal.
Cowan Systems, LLC is a National truckload carrier that specializes in providing high quality dedicated fleet services for companies requiring first-rate performance. Cowan Systems offers dedicated fleet services which provide a customized transportation package designed to meet the specific needs of the shipper; such as specialized equipment, strict timetables and custom reporting. Cowan Logistics sources the optimal method of transporting our customers freight as efficiently as possible while maintaining unprecedented service and reliability. Cowan Systems is the premier single source provider for warehousing and distribution needs in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic area. Our 100% supply chain solution includes local and long haul trucking in and out of Cowan facilities.
This would be 2nd shift opportunity - hours will be determined around business needs and employee
- Maintain records of equipment, maintenance status and location related to various terminals/operations
- Support the processing of vendor invoicing to accounts payable related to equipment maintenance
- Breakdown handling response and appropriate communication of information to all required parties
- Review and track maintenance documents to determine repair trends and repeat equipment failures
- Follow up with vendors on maintenance status and communicate status to Headquarters
- Maintain knowledge of all trucking regulations
- Review inquiries for potential warranty claims
- Responsible for all licensing issues on equipment including both new units and renewals
- Support record keeping of inspection documents on all equipment
- Assist managing all drivers within the fleet and hold them accountable for following inspection, preventative maintenance, & emergency breakdown procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinating / Issue PO’s for inspections, repairs, and tires upon arrival in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Completing regularly scheduled equipment inspections and holding drivers accountable to following the Cowan policy and procedures for unreported damage, accident reports, and claim issues.
- Analyze and coach drivers to be more efficient through performance monitoring (Cruise Control/MPGs/Over Rev/Idle)
- Warranty Administration, Dealership or Heavy Duty Truck experience is a PLUS
- Experience using TMT (Transportation software) is a PLUS
- 3 plus years experience working in the Trucking, Fleet Management, Warranty or Dealership industry
- Tag & title experience is preferred
- Self-motivated, hardworking and reliable individual
- Proficient using the computer and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Customer service oriented.
- Truck/Trailer maintenance knowledge a plus.
- Full benefits - Medical, Vision and Dental
- Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- PTO (sick and vacation) & 401K