Seeking an experienced Machine Learning /Data Engineer for a remote contract with a duration of a year with possible extensions.
Please note this position requires the successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and employment and education verification prior to starting work.
Looking for a highly motivated and experienced Machine Learning / Data Engineer to focus on commercializing several new products utilizing Machine Learning (ML). The ideal candidate should have experiences in building data pipeline with AWS Cloud technology, and hands on experience with data transformation, feature extraction/feature definition, data validation, model deployment / monitoring / optimization / lifecycle management, etc.
- Build and maintain data pipelines with timely and quality from internal databases to the data lake
- Process and clean large datasets into a format suitable for machine learning
- Recommend improvements and modifications to exist data and ETL pipelines
- Collaborate with Architect, BI, other Data Engineers and Data Scientists to drive efficiencies for their work
- Communicate with technical and business teams about data engineering solutions
- Deploy machine-learning models to production and monitor them over time
- Familiarize with the state-of-the-art MLOps technologies and apply them to deliver business values
- Improve, manage, and teach standards for code maintainability and performance in code submitted and reviewed
- BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 or more years hands-on experience deploying production quality code
- Demonstrably deep understanding of SQL and analytical data warehouses
- Strong data modeling skills
- Hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices at scale
- Hands-on experience with data pipeline tools
- Professional experience using Python for data processing
- Knowledge of and experience with data-related Python packages
- Experience with software engineering best practices like version control and using GitHub
- Experience with AWS cloud environments
- Working experience with Amazon Kinesis, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Amazon Sagemaker, Amazon EMR, Amazon Glue, Redshift and Anthena
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases.
- Proven capability of working with both technical and business stakeholders
- Excellent written, oral communication, and analytical skills
- Experience with modern software development practices and tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Ability to learn new frameworks and environments
- Adept at asking for help when needed
No Corp to Corp / No Sponsorship
No third party candidates considered for this position
If you are interested in this position and feel you are qualified, please apply to JO#6608 along with your updated resume.