LPN, approximately 16 hours a week, weekdays only, flexible hours, trach experience preferred, but will train! Mishawaka area.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides services and/or treatments requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill and provides effective and efficient patient care in accordance with applicable law and regulations, accepted standards of nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient’s needs at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Contributes to the patient’s plan of care/service plan.
- Participates with the patient in clarifying mutually agreed upon goals and incorporates these goals into the plan of care/service plan.
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing the patient’s progress.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Monitors and evaluates outcomes of patient care.
- Communicates with appropriate staff regarding changes in the patient’s needs.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively manage individual patients.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
- Contributes to the effective implementation of company programs and services.
- Contributes to Office business growth.
- Provides other assignments as requested and within the scope of licensure.
- Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.