TMC Transportation is one of the nation's largest privately-held flatbed carriers. We strive to provide the highest quality customer service in the industry. If you're seeking a career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and respect for all employees, then join us! At TMC, we're committed to excellence in everything we do.
- Competitive Salary + Uncapped Commission (paid out monthly)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate opening for a Logistics Sales Representative working out of our corporate office in Jacksonville, FL.
The primary function of this position is selling customer freight solutions. This individual will be responsible for a high volume of customer interactions, including prospecting, cold-calling, closing deals and account management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Initiate sales and marketing calls to prospective or current clients
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold-calling
- Manage accounts to retain existing relationships
- Succeed at heavy price and service negotiation with customers and carriers
- Previous transportation brokerage/sales experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven successful sales experience in telephone sales, personal selling, and customer service
- Proficiency with MS Office software; experience with Sales Automation, Customer Relationship Management or web based software programs
- Ability to execute a vision, manages multiple priorities, and achieves results
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships (i.e., a "people person")