TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
TMC Transportation has an immediate part-time opening for a Logistics Intern working out of our office in Jacksonville, FL.
The Logistics Intern is a position that helps assist with both Logistics Sales Representatives and Carrier Sales Specialists.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Correspond with partner carriers and provide updates on truck location, ETA, etc
- Assist with data entry
- Assist in lead generation efforts for sales staff
- Communicate with shipping/receiving locations to coordinate and confirm appointments
- Additional duties as assigned
- Current student in a related program: Logistics, Supply Chain, Marketing, Business, Communications
- Previous sales or customer service experience is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Experience with Sales Automation, Customer Relationship Management, or web based software programs
- Ability to execute a vision, manage multiple priorities, and achieve results
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment