A Logistics Coordinator is responsible for finding and ensuring equipment and driver availability, using them to the maximum efficiency by monitoring freight movement, communicating with drivers, and all other departments and parties connected with freight movement.
Logistic Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Surpass weekly minimum standard of loads matched to carrier by booking assigned Account Manager's freight as well as other freight on the available load board.
- With timeliness and attention to detail, thoroughly track and document all shipments assigned and immediately report any issues to Account Manager.
- With a high sense of urgency, answer incoming phone calls within two rings and assist callers or transfer to appropriate personnel.
- Build transportation carrier lane capacity by strengthening carrier relationships, assisting to resolve carrier issues and negotiating carrier pricing.
- Locate transportation carrier capacity by utilizing multiple carrier databases within operating system and web based applications.
- Proactively work to assist other in achieving the organizations objectives.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- High-energy individuals with various levels of experience and education in either the transportation or customer service industry.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- High degree of professionalism
- Must possess the ability to organize, communicate, and meet deadlines in a timely manner.