LMS Technical Designer
The successful candidate will be familiar with Learning Management Systems and able to aid in the migration of an existing LMS build to AWS. They will provide functional and/or technical expertise to plan, analyze, define and support the delivery of future functional and technical capabilities for an application or group of applications. The successful candidate will assist in facilitating impact assessment efforts and in producing and reviewing estimates for client work requests.
* Previous experience working with Cloud hosting services.
* Firm understanding and current practical experience using HTML, CSS, and PHP
* Able to provide server-level maintenance and technical support for an open-source LMS that supports a federal agency.
* Experienced in the application of industry standards for website secure sign-on.
* Able to meet all industry standards for website secure sign-on requirements.
* Able to manage LMS delivered course content, themes, plugins, etc., and the integration of an Open-Source Video Platform for video storage and embedding.
* Familiar with the requirements of Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
* Experienced with LMS learning plan functions which allow users to designate a manager and allows a manager to assign, monitor, and track course completions of staff.
* Familiarity with the Totara LMS and Kaltura Video Storage and delivery is an advantageCoordinates with content developers and graphics designers to ensure that needs are technically feasible, translating detailed designs into executable software.
* Provides technical site maintenance and advice on complex issues related to animation, search engine techniques, link integrity, navigation, browsers, graphics, and other technical web developments.
* Delivers technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations, and enhancements of existing systems.
* Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written and then designs, codes, debugs, and documents programs.
* Designs user interfaces of interactive web applications including ADA 508, and cross browser compliance.
* Maintains compliance with standards and conventions in developing programs.
* Develops required specifications for complex programs or problems.
* Develops the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion. Tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product.
* Conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action for complex issues.
* Creates coded unit tests and works with Testers/Information Assurance to address program and/or security findings.
* Acts as a mentor to less-experienced team members.
* Prepares required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
5-10 years of experience with programming or web development activities.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Experience using eLearning authoring software such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, or Camtasia is a plus
* A basic understanding of multimedia platforms and Learning Management System (LMS) course development, including with HTML5, accessibility requirements as with 508 compliance, and SCORM compliant courses.
* An interest in graphic design, UI/UX concepts, and an understanding of application deployment and maintenance (both front end and back end) is preferred as is an interest in Open-Source Software, particularly Moodle, and its application.
* Working knowledge of Adobe Cloud software (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Media Cleaner, Audition, and After Effects) and ability to apply that knowledge in the design of electronic or print products. Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with clients.
* Experience designing scalable databases and developing applications against a relational database such as Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must work efficiently within multiple teams.
* Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and work in a closed environment with others.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
* Strong problem solving, logic, and analytic skills.
* Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
* Familiar with and utilized best programming standards and practices in a professional capacity.
* Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale case management systems and the development of software to satisfy design objectives.