The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse for a well-known healthcare provider, one of the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health centers in the Jacksonville, FL area. This is a temporary contract position expected to last 13 weeks.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Pay: Based on experience
- Under the direct supervision of the Employee Health Specialist (a Registered Nurse), performs assessments required to meet the ill/injured employee. The Employee Health Nurse (LPN) provides care based on the Nurse Practice Act and his or her assessed competency utilizing Occupational Health established standards of care and practice.
- Provides first aide and recommends further treatment if needed.
- Documents objective employee complaint.
- Performs post job offer health screens, which includes drug testing, blood draws, and immunizations.
- Performs drug testing per the "Drug Free Workplace Policy".
- Identifies and communicates problems or changes in patients status to the Employee Health Specialist.
- Documents the patient's response to treatment in an accurate and concise manner according to dept policy.
- Assists the doctor on W/C rounds & obtains orders under the OHN protocol.
- Provides education on wellness, safety and injury prevention.
- Maintains professional development and competence in the field of OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH.
- Liaison to other departments in order to facilitate continuity of care so the employee can be returned to work free of injury.
- Maintains patient/customer relations through effective customer service.
- Provides reports as requested.
- Maintains Respiratory and Hearing Program.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management within job scope.
- Vocational Training; Graduation from an approved Program for Licensed Practical Nurses; Knowledge of JCAHO Standards, Nursing Standards, and Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Preferred Education- Associates Degree.
- Licensed to practice practical nursing in the state of Florida
- BLS from the American Heart Association
- Over 5 Years
- Preferred, 10 years as an LPN working in an acute care background.