At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
Assists in the maintenance of all aspects within the Clinical Operations Department and monitoring of all tasks completed. Supervises the Clinical Operations staff to ensure that productivity and quality standards are met and acts as a resource regarding regulatory standards and departmental processes. Monitors LHI policy adherence and performance evaluations and assists in the reporting and planning of department goals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Administer department policy and procedures to include: handling employee issues, monitoring PTO and overtime, timesheet approval, assisting with interviewing, oversight of new hire orientation and routine departmental tasks
- Supervises Clinical Operations staff to ensure that productivity and quality standards are met
- Run queries and analyze data to determine best utilization of departmental staff resources in relation to work volume and skill sets of staff
- Communicates productivity status and departmental concerns to Manager and provides input for recommended changes
- Recommends process flow changes when needed
- Acts as a resource to Clinical Operations staff regarding regulatory standards and ensures adherence to regulations and contractual requirements
- Identifies need for and assists with development of training and updates for all Clinical Operations staff
- Communicate, organize, delegate, and work cooperatively as a member of the Clinical Operations Management team to ensure goals / objectives of department are accomplished timely and within budget parameters
- Cultivates a positive environment while supporting team member growth
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Accredited Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Nursing OR Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Nursing
- Current state or compact state Nursing license
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group - approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 3+ years prior supervisory or leadership experience
- Military background and familiarity with a production operation
- Knowledge of analyzing and reporting statistical data
- Case Management experience
- URAC / ISO experience / knowledge
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Proficient use of computer
- Database experience
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Must be able to problem solve in a fast paced environment, multitask, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to perform detailed work with high degree of accuracy
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo