Leak Detection Job Summary: American Leak Detection of Jacksonville Florida is seeking out highly motivated individuals looking for a full-time career as a Water Leak Detection Technician to perform electronic water leak detections and repairs.
Water Leak Detection Technician Benefits:
- Starting pay is DOE
- Advancement and commission opportunities from there!
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation (PTO)
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Benefits
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Year-round work!
- Fully Equipped Company Vehicle
- Company cell phone
- Uniforms (at no cost)
- Tools provided (at no cost)
- Overtime Pay (as applicable)
- Paid Travel Time (as applicable)
* Note: Occasional out-of-town travel may be required for training and/or business purposes. Expenses will be covered as applicable.
The ideal Water Leak Detection candidate will be:
- Mechanically inclined
- Comfortable with learning and using new technology
- Enjoy working outside, in a variety of conditions, and not sitting in a cube or office every day
- Appreciate working a flexible schedule, night shifts or weekends as our customer might need
- Enjoy, and be able, to perform intermittent, sometimes heavy, physical labor
- Enjoy being in a job that rewards intuitive, hardworking, fast, efficient, people who have no problem wearing uniform, and with a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional team player; fun, energetic, goal oriented, positive, optimistic, and great attitude!
- Self-motivated, enjoy working independently, self-starter, organized, and enjoys being self-directed
- Neat appearance / has a high standard of professionalism and character
- Plumbing and pool experience is a plus
General Water Leak Detection Job Responsibilities:
- Leak detection on commercial pools/spas, residential pools/ spas to diagnose the cause and origin of leaks, structural leaks and perform full scope pool and spa repairs.
- Communicate with management, colleagues, and customers.
- Provide professional and courteous customer service.
- Work outdoors & away from the office.
- Ability to create well written and concise reports to effectively describe the leak issue.
- Able to pass a swim test and obtain a dive certificate.
Qualifications of the Leak Detection Personnel:
- Any plumbing, mechanical, electronic experience and construction background is a big plus.
- Current Driver’s License, with relatively clean driving record.
- Ability to swim, (diving certificate a plus)
- Ability to take on physical work and capable of moving/lifting to 100 pounds
- Proof of 4 years’ experience performing pool/spa plumbing installation and repairs, skimmer repairs and replacements, structural repairs, pool decking excavation and repair/installation
- High School or equivalent / some college education
- Has knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
- Veterans from all branches are highly desired & encouraged to apply!
About Us: Founded over 40 years ago, and teaming with our great people, American Leak Detection has become the world leader in the accurate, non-destructive detection of hidden water, sewer, gas and swimming pool leaks. American Leak Detection sets the standard for non-invasive leak detection and repair using proprietary methods and the most advanced, sophisticated technology. Our millions of satisfied customers include residential homeowners and industry professionals like plumbers, building contractors, insurance adjusters, apartment managers, drain cleaners, restoration specialists, Homeowners Associations, and municipalities.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.