Job Description Summary
Engineering of digital software & hardware processes associated with the equipment used in aerospace electronics manufacturing. The role is expected to manage and execute multiple projects in parallel through a combination of personal creation and management of external suppliers. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. The job encourages modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability, especially as newer technologies become available.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and control production process including tooling and equipment. Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment.
- Translate design & user interface requirements into hardware & software solutions to add efficiency to manufacturing production.
- Manage projects & achieve milestones from initial concept to production implementation
- Measures success from the perspective of the customer.
- Interface with production team customers and prioritize own work accordingly.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the emerging technology in manufacturing equipment technology.
- Uses judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles.
- Uses technical experience and analytical thinking.
- Utilizes resources within the site to arrive at timely decisions that best fit manufacturing needs.
- May occasionally outreach to external available sources.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in the Manufacturing & Production Process and Equipment field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience implementing digital (.Net, Labview, SQL or similar) software + hardware solutions to improve efficiency in manufacturing production environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Ability to make data driven decisions and utilize Six Sigma and Lean tools
- Knowledge of safety agency regulations and application in a production environment
- Strong background in the creation and interpretation of engineering (electrical & mechanical) drawings / specifications and manufacturing processes
- Experience coordinating with outside vendors that are contracted to design and build production equipment
- Understanding of geometric tolerancing
- Understanding of characteristics of materials used in tool design
- Prior hands-on experience in production or tool room operations
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Design (CAD) system(s)
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- A self-starter with ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments
- Knowledge of ISO / quality procedures
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes