Metal Sales is the nation's largest manufacturer of metal roofing and building systems with 21 locations across America. Our Jacksonville, FL plant has an opening for a Maintenance Technician that will also travel across the southeast (approximately 20% of the time) to also support other plant's maintenance needs.
Hours for this position are normally Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Overtime and/or working off normal shift may be required to support the equipment maintenance needs of the branch/region.
The primary focus of this position is to keep plant equipment operational by planning, organizing, and executing the branch preventative maintenance program. Additionally, this position keeps our building and the grounds in good shape which contributes to a safe working environment for our employees.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You'll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment for optimal performance while following all safety processes and procedures.
- Completing preventative maintenance on production and warehouse equipment.
- Designing, building and/or installing various types of project/machine enhancements.
- Repairing building structures which may include minor construction projects.
- Keeping the grounds in safe working conditions.
- Providing timely feedback and status updates to branch management, corporate maintenance team, and vendors.
- Maintaining electronic and paper maintenance logs and instructions.
- Assisting with other responsibilities as business needs warrant.
The most qualified candidates will have:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and at least 3 years' experience of hands on maintenance and electrical technical experience in a manufacturing environment (including mechanical, hydraulic, and light electrical)
- Ability to travel regionally approximately 20% of the time and work without direct supervision
- Sound math and problem-solving skills and ability to follow verbal and written instruction
- Capability of reading basic electrical and mechanical drawings
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and experience with CMMS systems and Microsoft Office
- Sense of priority combined with ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks
- Positive can-do attitude with a strong desire to continuously learn
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or certifications in a technical/manufacturing field a definite plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to work in dirty, greasy, cold, hot, dark, and confined areas
- Must be able to read, hear, talk, wear PPE, and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Must be able to stand, bend, and/or walk approximately 8-10 hours per work shift
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes in the winter and summer months
- Noise level is moderate to loud
What we can offer you:
- Challenging work environment with a stable privately-owned company
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive pay with quarterly incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (eligible after 90 days)
- Paid time off (eligible immediately)
- 401K (eligible immediately) with company match (eligible after 1 year of service)
- Paid holidays (eligible immediately)
- Wellness Program
- And more!!!
We appreciate you reviewing our opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V