Kelly Engineering is looking for a ILLUMINATION ENGINEER / DESIGNER. The right person must be able to personally execute the design of electro-mechanical illuminators using SOLIDWORKS and have experience in the field: We are looking for a subject matter expert for the position.
This person will require education in mechanical AND electrical engineering with a focus on optics and laser delivery. This candidate must be hands-on and self-sufficient for the role; there is no need for management expertise in this role as it is an individual contributor position.
- Envision, design and effect the realization of illumination products for medical device applications;
- Perform self-directed program management functions to ensure product specifications are translated into actionable content that is achievable by all stakeholders;
- Bring new design experience into the company and cross-pollinate this with the existing design team as a mentor and subject matter leader on:
- Laser Diode surgical illuminator design and light combining technologies
- LED surgical illuminator design
- Illuminated Surgical Retractor Design
- All matters related to Material Science for the proper selection and use of materials in medical product design and validations
- Create, manage and ensure that unique processes are developed correctly for accurate execution by production;
- Generate design verification test protocols and manage verification analysis;
- Design unique equipment necessary to implement new designs in production which are themselves validated processes;
The position will be integral to daily Engineering operations and routinely interface with production, planning, inventory control, finance, quality control, quality assurance, machine shop, tooling department and report to the Director of Engineering.
- Minimum of 10-years demonstrated success in the requirements listed above
- BS in Mechanical or related industrial-technical engineering disciplines including education and/or degreed experience in Electrical Engineering
- Proficient in design work using SOLIDWORKS as well as being creative and cost-conscious in their design approach.
If you are a fit and interested please send your resume to Kristie at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.