SHIFT: No Weekends
Job Summary – The Junior Staff Accountant is responsible for the reconciliation of general ledger accounts as well as the analysis of patient accounts.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Reconciliation of the General Ledger Clearing Accounts of all facilities served
• Accurately state reconciling items and investigate proper accounting transactions to clear them off the account. Educate the SSC staff on the issues that are causing reconciling items to remain in the clearing accounts
• Prepare clear and accurate journal entries including proper documentation for support. Key entries into the General Ledger system accurately
• Prepare AP invoices to send to supply chain for processing; assist in the preparation of month end AP accruals
• Occasional batching and keying in of patient refunds into the Accounts Payable system
• Respond to requests for information from corporate, Internal Audit, Hospital Management and other internal management
• Ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, has ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
High school diploma or GED required.
At least one years of Accounting/Bookkeeping experience required. Patient Account analysis experience is a plus.
Relevant education may substitute experience requirement
Certificate/ License - N/A