Ref ID: 01120-9502929536
Classification: Jr. Accountant
Compensation: $17.00 to $19.23 hourly
A well respected, growing financial organization is looking to hire a Junior Staff Accountant. In this role, you will be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Support accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
- Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
- General accounting and administration support: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
- Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes.
- Prepare statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
- Post financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Assist in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
If you have what it takes to be successful in a role like this apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button. This position won't last long. Interested candidates are asked to apply or contact an Accountemps recruiter at (904) 632-0941.