Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this visible and critical role, you will be assigned to complex client-facing engagements as a Delivery Manager focused on infrastructure initiatives. You will be part of a Program team of cross functional experts mobilized to consult, advise and advocate for our customers by engineering and delivering quality end to end solutions meeting customer needs with an agile and optimized delivery approach.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Working with limited direction from the Program Leads, lead a matrixed team of system design engineers, system build engineers and infrastructure technologists to successfully deliver multiple concurrent infrastructure changes in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Meet customer and project objectives by developing and leading project execution functions including planning, tracking, reporting, reviews, quality management and communications, risks, and issues within the construct of the Agile Delivery Framework
- Predict, understand, and document customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Manage project schedules, resources, and delivery commitments
- Delegate, integrate activities, and resolve conflicts
- Complete assigned projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Develop and maintain infrastructure and resource cost estimates
- Responsible for keeping project information consolidated, organized and up to date
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Interact with and report regularly to the Program Manager, executive project sponsors, and senior technology leadership
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches when appropriate
- Provide leadership in steering initiatives toward defined standard infrastructure solutions, platforms and best practices
- Ensure the infrastructure adheres to the requirements for availability, stability, and efficiency
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Delivery Manager or Project Management experience integrating multiple business areas or systems
- 5+ years of Technology-based Project Delivery experience at a Fortune 200 company
- 5+ years of experience across multiple information systems disciplines demonstrating strong technical acumen and infrastructure technology experience
- Proven planning skills including experience in successfully leading major projects and programs with use of and adherence to structured methodologies
- Proven experience leading multiple, concurrent IT initiatives
- Proven experience with budget tracking and complex cost benefit analysis
- Proficiency in computer software including MS Project, Power Point, Excel
- Agile methodology and delivery experience
- Previous infrastructure technology experience such as server, network, security and data center infrastructure, for application, middleware, database and web environments
- Previous UnitedHealth Group or subsidiary work experience
- Healthcare technology background
- Previous experience using productivity tools including Rally, and Service Now
- Professional Services, consulting, or Big 5 Project management experience
- High degree of professional confidence and credibility with the presence and communication skills to represent IT-related concepts effectively with executive-level management
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to use considerable judgment to determine solutions, necessary escalations and to seek guidance on complex problems
- Excellent critical thinking skills, analytical ability, and problem analysis techniques
- Adaptability; self-starter; team player; quality minded; focused; committed; able to work independently
- Ability to perform in a high-pressured environment
- Proven leadership presence
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: IT Project Delivery Manager, IT Manager, Project Manager, Delivery Manager, Agile Practitioner 2, Delivery Manager, Kanban, Agile, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote