Citi’s Internal Audit Finance Division is expanding!
The Internal Audit Finance Team is part of a global organization covering Citi's businesses and services to clients and customers in over 180 countries. This talented team provides independent assessments of the company's controls over key finance and tax processes for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management, and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
The Internal Audit Finance Team seeks to ensure a sound control environment is in place to identify, measure, monitor and control the following areas:
- Accounting Policy Adherence
- SOX Controls
- USA GAAP Reporting
- Balance Sheet Substantiation
- Legal Entity Management
- Governance & oversight of the key regulatory reports
- Global Tax
- Data Quality
- Corporate M&A
We are seeking Senior Auditors (an intermediate level role) and Audit Managers (a supervisory level role) across several Internal Audit Finance Teams:
- North America Finance
- Global Tax
Senior Auditor (C12 -AVP) (New York, NY/Irving, TX/Wilmington, DE/ Tampa, FL/ Jacksonville, FL)
The Senior Auditor is a role responsible for performing moderately complex audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. You will be working alongside a team of world class professionals in helping Citi manage risk as the company is embarking on an exciting journey to transform the way do business. We are looking for engaging individuals eager to apply their in-depth disciplinary knowledge and experiences working with key stakeholders across the Finance organization at Citi.
- Complete assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs
- Monitor, assess, and recommend solutions to emerging risks
- Contribute to the development of audit processes improvements, including the development of automated routines to help focus audit testing
- Draft audit reports, and present issues to the business while discussing practical cross-functional solutions
- Recommend appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Apply understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance
- Collaborate with internal audit staff and key stakeholders
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
Audit Manager (C13 - VP) (New York, NY/Irving, TX/ Wilmington, DE/ Tampa, FL/ Jacksonville, FL)
The Audit Manager is an intermediate level role responsible for managing a team that is performing complex and critical audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to recruit, develop, and manage an effective Internal Audit team, that ensures the firm meets audit standards and regulations in partnership with business leaders and the develop, execute, and evaluate audit plans.
- Develop and execute audit plans
- Manage a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals that delivers audit reports, in accordance with Internal audit and regulatory standards
- Recruit staff, develop talent, build effective teams, and manage a budget
- Manage audit activities for a component of a product line (e.g., Finance, Tax) at the regional or country level including a portion of the annual audit plan
- Review and approve the Business Monitoring Quarterly summary and serve as lead reviewer for various tasks
- Collaborate with teams across the business and determine impact on the overall control environment and audit approach
- Advise and assist the business on change initiatives, while advancing integrated auditing concepts and technology adoption
- Apply an in-depth understanding of Internal Audit standards, policies, and technology to the domains of Financial SEC and/or Regulatory Reporting and Tax.
- Use communication skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including product, function, or regional executive management partners
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Qualifications for both Senior Auditor and Audit Manager:
- 5-8 years of relevant experience (Senior Auditor)
- 6-10 years of relevant experience (Audit Manager)
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Effective verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Effective project management skills
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% for onsite audits
Education for both Senior Auditor and Audit Manager:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Please note: The Grade level you are selected for is based on your experience and breadth and depth of knowledge.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.