Purpose of Job:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, reconcile and track movements of all equipment for respective region. Utilize system reports, commercial projections and historical trends for maximum and efficient utilization.
- Coordinate the positioning of equipment with the trucking company based on this analysis for the depots and the customers. Ensure that equipment is being utilized efficiently and the right mix of equipment is appropriate for each location.
- Issue TB's for empty equipment movement.
- Partner with Intermodal Manager and Marketing team to prepare Inland data analytics for weekly Operations meetings and ensure Commercial data matches Inland data for the Executive Team.
- Develop and Maintain departmental subject matter expertise on rate changes, invoicing questions, and data collection.
- Analyze current lane expenses, identify potential cost savings and develop target recommendations per lane for intermodal manager review
- Recommend changes in equipment inventory at inland depots based on historical trends.
- Monitor and validate Southbound and Northbound intermodal volume and cost
- Track, monitor and project Inland budget versus actual spend departmentally and per lane and report targets missed and met.
- Survey equipment availability/options by region, ramp or hub location
- Compile statistic on carrier performance (meeting appoint times, accurate billing, etc.)
- Evaluate needs and demand for location, region, and lane with Sales and Pricing
- Maintain knowledge of market price of drayage and line-haul moves
- Contact potential carrier(s) and determine interest, capabilities, and resources
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies
- Solicit rates and charges for most common truck moves
- Design and implement daily, weekly, and monthly reports to ensure KPIs are met, and ensure accurate communications of KPIs in frontline scorecard.
- Validate invoices related to inland movement.
- Identify equipment setting idle for more than 30 days. Involve customer service, sales, and the trucking company to position this equipment for use.
- Assist in auditing billing reports and reporting of billing errors to trucking company to ensure that corrections have been issued.
- Assist with problem resolution regarding equipment integrity in Cargo Wise as required
- Serve as backup to Equipment Group during vacation or absences of personnel.
- Support other intermodal duties and responsibilities as required to help achieve department goals and objectives.
- Ensure the delivery of intermodal transportation solutions for cargo booked to TMPR vessels
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
2. Performs other related duties as assigned.
3. Adherence to the Integrated Management System that covers Quality, Environmental, and Safety ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certifications
4. Purchases supplies necessary for performance of personal or immediate work group's job functions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Thorough Knowledge of specifications of various cargo equipment types
- Understanding of the US Shipping and Transportation Industry
- Ability to clearly communicate performance standards
- Ability to gain cooperation from peers to obtain and share information to accomplish goals
- Ability to multitask and work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work with multiple levels of employees throughout the organization
- Ability to make presentations in a group environment
- Must possess a Bachelors Degree from a four year college or university in Transportation Logistics or related experience equivalent