Kelly Services® is proud to offer an opportunity to work in a Fortune 500 medical device company and one of Fortune’s top 20 World's Most Admired Companies for 2017 located in Jacksonville, FL (Southside/Bay Meadows area).
POSITION: Manufacturing Technician
LOCATION: Jacksonville, Florida
HOURS: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Days)
6:00 PM – 6:00 AM (Nights)
Continuous Operations (see below)
RATE: $17.00 (Day Shift)
$19.04 (Night Shift)
Overtime: Paid time and half – after 36 hours
SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
The Manufacturing Technicians operate and maintain manufacturing production equipment. This climate controlled facility utilizes state of the art manufacturing production equipment and will rely on skilled talent to operate, troubleshoot and repair this machinery.
Under general supervision performs all responsibilities necessary to operate, troubleshoot, adjust, repair, and maintain the equipment. Able to perform a variety of tasks needed to monitor and adjust the process to improve throughput. Able to perform routine cleaning and non-routine maintenance with adherence to all safety policies and procedures. Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
- Monitors and adjust the process to improve the throughput.
- Responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing the equipment while adhering to all safety procedures. (95%).
- Performs routine cleaning and clearing of equipment jams.
- Performs non-routine maintenance, including clearing of jams. May assist with PMs. (5%).
3+ years maintenance or engineering experience with high volume production line environment, continuous operation preferred along with knowledge and exposure to many of the following areas:
- Programmable Logical Controller (PLC)
- Preventative and Corrective Maintenance
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- All candidates must successfully pass a written skills assessment exam and management interview.
- Assist with PMs. Maintain current knowledge and adhere to provisions of FDA, OSHA, GMP, MPs, and ISO 9001, ISO 14001, equipment specifications and process specifications. (Preferred).
- Flexibility to rotate between day and night shift (see Work Schedule below)
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and Schematics.
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in an empowered work team environment.
- Office equipment used: Personal computer, printer, copier, Microsoft Office Suite, other software as required.
- Manufacturing environment experience a strong plus.
Great shift schedules available – every other week will be a three day weekend! Employees will work 3 days one week and 4 days the following week (non- consecutive days). Shifts are 12 hours resulting in built-in overtime (anything over 36 hours of straight time)!
*** Important information ***
Physical demands of the job include: stooping, crouching, walking, pulling, light lifting (up to 25 pounds), grasping, hearing, visual acuity, kneeling, reaching, pushing, talking, standing, fingering, and climbing. Inside environmental conditions in an air conditioned manufacturing environment.
If you meet the qualifications, to be considered for this position, send an updated resume to Kim Bittner @ [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.