The Servicing Development Instructional Designer creates courses (ILT, E-Learning), assessments, and training job aids for Mortgage Servicing team members. Creates training deliverables by applying instructional design and adult learning principles on a medium to high complexity projects. Creates deliverables for all phases of the course creation lifecycle. Translates business requirements into learning requirements and project scope for a single course or a group of courses on medium to high complexity projects. Involved in developing and managing workplans and curriculum maps.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts needs assessments, task analysis, and or content analysis to understand skill/performance gaps, assess overall curriculum needs, and analyze learner’s background knowledge and instructional needs.
- Develop measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of instructional systems, courses, or instructional materials.
- Partner with training staff and/or subject matter experts (SMEs) to design and implement instructional content and assessments using appropriate tools and media
- Creates instructor guides, participant guides, self-paced print courses, online assessments and job aids
- Thorough knowledge of the systems approach to the design of instructional curricula and materials (Course Outlines, Course Design templates, Design Working Agreement)
- Develop master course documentations or manuals according to applicable accreditation, certification, or other requirements
- Apply instructional technologies knowledge and seek continuing education to stay abreast of technologies needed to complete essential duties.
- Advance to intermediate experience with publishing courses using a learning management system (LMS)
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
This position is an individual contributor with no direct reports but may provide guidance, leadership or training to others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University
- 10 plus years of experience in a combination of Instructional Design, Blended Learning, Adult Learning Principles, and Training Delivery
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans