This position is responsible for growing sales through strengthening relationships with selected portions of our customer base and soliciting new business. This position collaborates with all Metal Sales Manufacturing personnel to determine actions that need to be accomplished with accounts in targeted markets to best increase Metal Sales Manufacturing revenue. At times, outside sales activities will be required.
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is the nation's largest manufacturer of metal roofing and building systems with 21 locations across America. The Inside Sales Representative sits in our Jacksonville, FL plant and supports regional customers in Florida and southern Georgia.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You'll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Achieving 100% of monthly sales forecast by performing a variety of inside sales activities along with some outside sales activities
- Creating and maintaining a sales plan to touch all assigned big box accounts on a regular basis to gather information and evaluate their metal building products needs
- Being the key contact for designated accounts in assigned territory and visiting customers on a limited basis to strengthen the business partnership
- Proactively soliciting new customers and new business
- Providing job quotes in conjunction with our internal Estimating and Customer Service teams
- Participating in product knowledge sessions and customer contractor events
- Providing a high level of customer service and troubleshooting issues and complaints as needed
- Using CRM tool (Infor) to track account activities and sales progress
- Proactively communicating to various internal Metal Sales teams such as Sales, Operations, Customer Service, and more
The most qualified candidates will have:
- At least 2 years' experience in an inside or outside sales role
- Building products experience is required, roofing products knowledge is preferred
- Experience with big box home improvement stores is greatly beneficial
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to perform outside sales activities and desire to potentially transition to an outside sales position in the future
- A degree in business or marketing preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and problem solving abilities
- Must be detail oriented and able multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Solid computer skills and knowledge with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and quoting software
- CRM and ERP experience a plus
What we can offer you:
- Challenging work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive base pay with monthly commission
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, 401K with company match, paid holidays, and more
- Wellness program
We appreciate you reviewing our opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V