Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking an Inpatient Care Management Medical Director to join our Enterprise Clinical Services (ECS) team. This team is responsible for conducting inpatient bed day reviews for UnitedHealth Group's clients; to include local and national commercial employer, Medicare and state Medicaid plans. The ECS Medical Directors work with groups of nurses and support staff to manage inpatient care utilization at a hospital, market, regional or national level.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Participate in telephonic outreach for collaboration with treating providers. This will include discussion of evidence-based guidelines, opportunities to close clinical quality / service gaps, and care plan changes that can impact health care expenses
- Collaborate with operational and business partners on clinical and quality initiatives at the site and customer level to address customer expectations
- Be grounded in the use and application of evidence based medicine (EBM) such as the Milliman Care Guidelines
- Chair periodic market oversight meetings with the outward facing Chief Medical Officers, network contractors, nurse management and other internal managers
- Maintain proficiency in all required software and platforms
Although the United Health Services ICM medical director's work is typically concentrated in a region, he or she is part of a national organization and team, and collaborates with peers, nurse managers, and non-clinical employees from across the country. In response to customer need and expectations, Optum is continuously modifying its programs and approaches. Although not a primary job function, medical directors with the interest in doing so often have the opportunity to be involved with change design and management.
Regardless of your role at Optum, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO with an active, unrestricted medical license; based in the Eastern Standard Time zone
- Current Board Certification in an ABMS or AOBMS specialty
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience
- Technical proficiency in computer software and systems
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Licensed in the state of Florida or willing to obtain
- 2+ years managed care, quality management experience and/or administrative leadership experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $254,600 to $295,200. The range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Inpatient Care, Medical Director, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote