National Gypsum Company is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of building and construction products worldwide including Gold Bond® BRAND gypsum wallboard, ProForm® BRAND joint treatment products and PermaBase® BRAND cement board. We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources & Safety Manager at our Green Cove Springs, FL plant location. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining an employee relations climate that creates and permits a stable and productive workforce. Manages and coordinates all functions of employee relations, including employment, labor relations, compensation and benefit services, manpower planning, training and development, safety, security, and workers’ compensation for compliance with federal and state regulations.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive):
- Implement and monitor all aspects of plant safety program:
- New hire training and orientation;
- Safety and First-Aid training for employees and supervisors;
- Safety program implementation;
- Safety reporting;
- Conduct plant safety inspections and compliance audits;
- Investigate safety incidents and recommend corrective action.
- Recruit and hire qualified applicants to keep plant appropriately staffed:
- Attract qualified candidates that reflect community diversity;
- Coordinate assessment testing of qualified candidates;
- Conduct interviews and train supervisors in proper interviewing;
- Complete required physical and background checks on all candidates;
- Conduct orientation of new hires.
- Support plant management in creating a positive employee relations environment:
- Maintain non-union status;
- Participate in the development and implementation of Employee Opinion Action Plans;
- Advise supervisors on appropriate disciplinary actions;
- Encourage recognition of employee accomplishments;
- Monitor budgets and costs of employee labor relations expenditures;
- Represent employees’ views and needs to management.
- Manage hourly payroll system
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as Corporate and plant policies and procedures.
- Provide training to employees on benefit programs and assist employees with resolution of insurance-related issues.
- Assist plant management in the training of employees for specific jobs ensuring that employees are competent in their key area of responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Human Resources Management, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years safety and health management experience in a manufacturing environment with working knowledge of OSHA compliance and training requirements.
- Working knowledge of state employment law.
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills.
- Experience in conducting training programs.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) with employer match
o Retirement Account
o Paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our company’s website to view all of our exciting employment opportunities at www.nationalgypsum,com . Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.